Monday, August 11, 2008

1 st Day of School

Today is Cade and Lexi's 1st day of Kindergarten so I thought it would be fun to post all of their first day of school pictures. I don't have thier 2004 school year because that was before I got a digital camera and it was just joy school so I was one of their teachers and when I wasn't teaching I was still there so not as big of a deal as leaving them somewhere else to be taught by others, but I do have 2005, 2006, 2007, & 2008. I have been crying all day and I found that posting has helped my spirits today Ü.

2005 Spuler Sprouts

2006 Building Blocks

2007 Learning Safari

2008 Noah Webster

22 comments:

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

Did I miss something? Why are they both in Kindergarden? I want some that close!!!! How did you do that?

Carrie Allen said...

Emily, those pictures are too cute! They are growing up so fast!

Emily said...

Their birthday is Aug. 14th one year apart so I could have put Cade in last year but didn't feel like he was ready and I didn't feel like I could hold Lexi back this year. It wasn't plan to have them that close and it was hard in the begining but it is tons of fun now Ü.

Unknown said...

Emily, that totally made me cry. How could that lift your spirits? :-) THose pictures are priceless. Man, I am totally crying!!! Last time I come to your blog. JK

Elder Davis said...

They are so cute!!! Tiff don't go see my blog, I just Halleluijahed that my kids are back in school.

Melissa Gardner said...

i can't believe how big they are, i can remember when you were pregnant with lexi and kade was a little baby. wow time flies..
they are so stinkin cute.. i love it.

GoatesGirl said...

Sooo cute! I love all the progressive pictures. I cry everyday the first week I send mine to kindergarten...these little cuties!

Unknown said...

Em, you have to post your pictures of Lexi's hair!!!

The Norton Family said...

I am just setting up my blog. Wanted to say HI. I added your family to my blog.

beth said...

i found you girlie!!!! hello


what beautiful kiddos you have!
b

pawlowski said...

Hey Welchman Family... what is going on... It is fun to see how big your kids are. Any way looks like things are going well for you guys. We are now in Iowa not too far away from Nauvoo so if you are doing any church history site seeing look us up. Have a good one.

The Pawlowski's

Elder Davis said...

So have the kids graduated yet? Need some new posts!! Look forward to seeing Lexi's hair pics.

Unknown said...

wow wonderful day

Unknown said...

As I recall, last year we had just moved into this house and I had no desire to drag out seasonal Fall decor. I just wanted to move in and set up life as usual.

Unknown said...

Well, this year, now that we are settled I feel the need. The need for decorations. Yeah, baby. I got the fall stuff out (and also was hoping it would help us feel more like fall instead of eternal summer-it's working!).

Unknown said...

Here are the little touches of fall around our house:
Here is where I started, with the fall boxes spread out on the table.

Unknown said...

These are my holiday shelves in the kitchen/dining area~

Unknown said...

I made a cup holder out of a sign I got at Goodwill. I was going to use a piece of raw lumber, but when I saw this sign it was the perfect size and already had the hangers and everything so it saved me lots of time.

Unknown said...

I just painted right over it. I cut out the letters on the Silhouette and used the vinyl as a stencil. The cup holder hooks are cheap from Walmart.

Unknown said...

I am LOVING this thing! It is so nice to have a place to keep all the kids glasses instead of all over the table and counters.

Unknown said...

Of course it had to be low enough for even the littlest ones to reach so this was the only place it could go.

Unknown said...

Conveniently located next to the water cooler.

The fireplace~
Loving the mantle, and I tried something new. Putting my usual table centerpiece in the fireplace. I like it!